Introducing the new Fluvax Solution and Dual Staff Bookings
As flu season is underway in Australia, HealthEngine is offering its new Fluvax Solution for GPs, developed to help elevate the availability and importance of influenza vaccinations at a time when the nation’s focus is on the COVID-19 vaccination rollout. Recently, the RACGP has encouraged GPs to stay on top of flu shots despite the logistical challenges of delivering both vaccines.
Designed to help bring more efficiency and visibility to flu shot appointments, the Fluvax Solution will include a dedicated flu vaccination search feature on HealthEngine.com.au and a specific booking flow, to help people to easily find and book a flu jab whilst allowing GPs to streamline the administration of these appointments. The introduction of the Fluvax Solution follows the February introduction of HealthEngine’s Covax Solution and contributes to the growth of immunisation appointments on its healthcare marketplace.
“With Coronavirus restrictions starting in late March 2020, flu cases dropped dramatically, and we escaped a traditional flu season last year. Reported flu cases are currently low and there’s much needed attention on the COVID-19 vaccination effort, but it’s important that flu vaccines don’t fall by the wayside,” said Dr Marcus Tan, HealthEngine CEO, founder and medical director. “We want to ensure GPs have a dedicated solution to help manage their flu vaccination effort and people can book a jab when it’s convenient for them.”
Fluvax Solution product features for GPs include:
- Dedicated Fluvax search: Be visible on the dedicated HealthEngine Fluvax search to reach new patients looking to book flu vaccination appointments. Offer bookings from practice’s HealthEngine profile page, practice website and/or Facebook.
- Custom booking flow: Use pre-screening questions to inform practice and identify patients who may be at-risk or need medical advice prior to receiving their flu jab.
- Supports Dual Staff Bookings: Allows practice to book two staff members against a single flu vaccine appointment with the ability to book the nurse before, during or after the GP based on appointment needs.
- Medicare card collection: Collect Medicare card details at the time of booking.
- Appointment reminders: Minimise no-shows with automated email reminders and optional SMS reminders.
- Support and training: Access full support and training materials to easily set up practice’s flu vaccination effort.
- To support the Fluvax and Covax Solutions and practices’ request for the ability to book a doctor and a nurse for an appointment type, HealthEngine has released its Dual Staff Bookings feature as part of its Practice Efficiency Suite of tools. This multi-staff approach allows a practice to book two staff members against appointments including immunisations, wound care, iron infusions and more.