This study aims to assess the short-term effects of the FX-class Dialyser on quality of life and inflammatory markers in stable haemodialysis patients with chronic kidney failure.
Short-Term Effects of the FX-Class of Haemodialyser on Quality of Life and Inflammatory Markers in Stable Dialysis Patients.
Kidney Failure, Chronic
Treatment, Randomized, Open Label, Active Control, Crossover Assignment, Efficacy Study.
Primary Outcome Measures:
- Feeling Thermometer
Secondary Outcome Measures:
- white cell count
February 2006; Study completion: December 2006
Eligibility & Criteria
- Ages Eligible for Study: 18 Years and above
- Genders Eligible for Study: Both
- Age >18years
- Able to provide informed consent
- On haemodialysis for 3 months
- Active inflammatory, infective or neoplastic process within the last 1 month
- Active major psychiatric condition
- Currently on haemodiafiltration as haemodialysis modality
- Joondalup Health Campus Satellite Renal Dialysis Unit, Shenton Avenue, JOONDALUP, Western Australia, 6050, Australia, Ph:08 9400 9360
- Sir Charles Gairdner Hospital Renal Dialysis Unit, Hospital Avenue, NEDLANDS, Western Australia, Ph:08 9346 2799