A deliciously fresh salad recipe that combines the smoothness of avocado with the tang of fresh oranges.
- Mixed salad leaves (try combining bitter and smooth-tasting leaves for a mix of flavours, such as radicchio with spinach, coral leaf)
- 4 oranges
- 3 oranges peeled and cut into slices
- juice of 1/2 an orange
- zest of 1 orange
- 2–3 avocados, sliced
- 1 1/2 tsp mustard
- Olive oil (half the amount of orange juice)
Preparation time: 15 minutes
Cooking time: None
Difficulty rating: Easy
- Wash and dry mixed salad leaves. Add the 3 sliced oranges and the sliced avocados.
- To make the dressing, combine the orange juice, zest, olive oil and mustard. Add salt to taste.
- Toss the salad mix with the dressing. Serve immediately.
Nutritional analysis per serve:
|Energy|| 919 kJ
|Total fat||17.1 g|
|Saturated fat||2.3 g|
|Total sugars||7.4 g|
All content and media on the HealthEngine Blog is created and published online for informational purposes only. It is not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice and should not be relied on as health or personal advice. Always seek the guidance of your doctor or other qualified health professional with any questions you may have regarding your health or a medical condition. Never disregard the advice of a medical professional, or delay in seeking it because of something you have read on this Website. If you think you may have a medical emergency, call your doctor, go to the nearest hospital emergency department, or call the emergency services immediately.