This recipe makes healthy chicken breast skewers for the BBQ or grill. Low in fat but high in taste they’ll be a hit at your dinner table. Marinated in lemon juice and mustard.
Number of servings: 4
- 400 grams skinless chicken breast fillets
- 1 lemon- juice and zest
- 2 tablespoons French mustard
- ¼ cup of fresh parsley, finely chopped
Preparation time: 5 minutes (plus marinating time)
Cooking time: 10 minutes
Difficulty rating: Easy
- Cut the chicken breasts into cubes;
- Mix the parsley, lemon juice, lemon zest and mustard in a bowl;
- Add the chicken breasts and mix until the chicken is completely covered in the marinade;
- Leave to marinate overnight or for at least a few hours;
- Thread the chicken onto skewers;
- Heat the BBQ or grill to medium high;
- Cook the chicken skewers for about 10 minutes, turning half way through cooking;
- Serve hot or cold.
- Serve with crusty wholegrain bread, baked potatoes or couscous for extra energy. Bear in mind that whole grain cereals like brown rice or bread have more fibre than refined products like white rice or couscous. Fibre is an important micronutrient used by the gastrointestinal system to aid digestion;
- Serve with a green salad or cucumber, yoghurt and mint salad for extra vitamins and minerals to keep your body healthy;
- Make smaller skewers for children or as cocktail food when entertaining.
Nutritional analysis per serve:
|Total fat||1.87 g|
|Saturated fat||0.51 g|
|Total sugars||0.86 g|
For more information on nutrition, including information on types and composition of food, nutrition and people, conditions related to nutrition, and diets and recipes, as well as some useful videos and tools, see Nutrition.