A smooth, tasty fennel and broccoli soup ideal for a light meal. Serve with toasted croutons or fresh crusty bread and garnish with parsley for a touch of elegance.
Makes 4 servings
- 1 brown onion, diced
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1 celery stalk, sliced
- 2 broccoli heads, in pieces
- 1 1/2 fennel bulbs, sliced
- 1/2 fennel bulb, finely sliced, for garnish
- 3 Italian parsley stalks, whole
- 1.5 L vegetable stock
- 1Tbs olive oil
- 1/8 tsp black cracked pepper
- Fry onion in olive oil on medium heat for 2–3 minutes until softened.
- Stir through celery and garlic and fry for 1 minute.
- Stir through fennel, broccoli and cracked pepper. Add stock and bring to the boil. Once boiled, reduce heat and simmer uncovered for 15 minutes.
- Remove from heat and let cool for 5–10 minutes.
- Once soup has cooled, blend until smooth and creamy.
Preparation time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 20 minutes
Difficulty rating: Easy
- Serve with croutons or fresh crusty bread.
- For a creamy finish, serve with a drizzle of cream.
Nutritional analysis per serve:
|Total fat||2.0 g|
|Saturated fat||0.4 g|
|Total sugars||4.8 g|
For more information on nutrition, including information on
types and composition of food, nutrition and people, conditions related
to nutrition, and diets and recipes, as well as some useful videos and
tools, see Nutrition.
All content and media on the HealthEngine Blog is created and published online for informational purposes only. It is not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice and should not be relied on as health or personal advice. Always seek the guidance of your doctor or other qualified health professional with any questions you may have regarding your health or a medical condition. Never disregard the advice of a medical professional, or delay in seeking it because of something you have read on this Website. If you think you may have a medical emergency, call your doctor, go to the nearest hospital emergency department, or call the emergency services immediately.