The purpose of this trial is to study:
– Effects of arzoxifene on bone fractures and bone mass.
– Effects of arzoxifene on getting breast cancer.
– Effects of arzoxifene on certain types of cardiovascular events, such as heart attack and stroke.
– Effects of arzoxifene that changes the amount of certain substances in the blood that are related to osteoporosis and cardiovascular health.
– Effects of arzoxifene on the uterus.
– The safety of arzoxifene and any side effects.
Effects of Arzoxifene on Bone Fractures and Incidence of Breast Cancer
Treatment, Safety/Efficacy Study
July 19, 2004
Eligibility & Criteria
Inclusion Criteria:- 60-85 years of age – Female – At least two years since last menstrual cycle Exclusion Criteria:- Abnormal or unexplained vaginal bleeding. – Bone disorders, other than osteoporosis or low bone mass – History of breast cancer, cancer of the uterus, or any cancer in the last five years (except skin cancer). – History of cerebral vascular accidents or venous thromboembolic events – Medications outlined
Recruitment and information available at a number of Australian centers, please call, for additional information regarding investigative sites for this trial, 1-877-285-4559.