The purpose of this trial is to study:
– Effects of arzoxifene on bone fractures and bone mass.
– Effects of arzoxifene on getting breast cancer.
– Effects of arzoxifene on certain types of cardiovascular events, such as heart attack and stroke.
– Effects of arzoxifene that changes the amount of certain substances in the blood that are related to osteoporosis and cardiovascular health.
– Effects of arzoxifene on the uterus.
– The safety of arzoxifene and any side effects.
Effects of Arzoxifene on Bone Fractures and Incidence of Breast Cancer
Treatment, Safety/Efficacy Study
July 19, 2004
Eligibility & Criteria
Inclusion Criteria:- 60-85 years of age – Female – At least two years since last menstrual cycle Exclusion Criteria:- Abnormal or unexplained vaginal bleeding. – Bone disorders, other than osteoporosis or low bone mass – History of breast cancer, cancer of the uterus, or any cancer in the last five years (except skin cancer). – History of cerebral vascular accidents or venous thromboembolic events – Medications outlined
Recruitment and information available at a number of Australian centers, please call, for additional information regarding investigative sites for this trial, 1-877-285-4559.
All content and media on the HealthEngine Blog is created and published online for informational purposes only. It is not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice and should not be relied on as health or personal advice. Always seek the guidance of your doctor or other qualified health professional with any questions you may have regarding your health or a medical condition. Never disregard the advice of a medical professional, or delay in seeking it because of something you have read on this Website. If you think you may have a medical emergency, call your doctor, go to the nearest hospital emergency department, or call the emergency services immediately.