Live Better, Feel Better
Georgia has worked in both the public and private settings for over 18years, serving individuals adjusting to negative life events experienced while living in the community, in addition to assisting individuals with severe, complex and chronic difficulties while in hospital and as out-patients. Georgia came to this work as a mature student after having spent 10 years traveling in order to “grow up”, although she has come to realize this is a never ending process.
Specialties: Acceptance & Commitment Therapy (ACT), Schema Therapy (ST), & Dialectical Behaviour Therapy (DBT). With interest in Psychodynamic processes and Buddhism.
Georgia works from a holistic perspective working together with you to maximize your effective adjust to the many different and difficult life challenges that arise. If it’s humanly possible, it’s normal. It’s about finding the optimal balance for you. By helping you to explore your full potential, while living a value based life, you can choose to respond optimally to the world rather than defensively reacting to it where you may find yourself getting lost or completely stuck. She engages this work from a humanistic, client centered strengths and evidence based approach, encompassing evolutionary, psychological, neuroscientific, socio-biological, and developmental research.
Georgia utilizes ACT as an overarching treatment approach due to its effectiveness, ease of use and naturally intuitive perspective. ACT is a more recently evolved form of CBT and is supported by strategies that have found evidence in their practice over thousands of years, such as mindfulness, in combination with newer scientifically tested valid approaches. ACT works to help you accept your life challenges without judgment, rather than fight against them, enabling you to move towards a committed life based on the value of whom you choose to be.
Georgia also utilizes ST to help clarify our deeper emotionally reasoned belief systems that work to sabotage our life potential by keeping ourselves in unhelpful repeating life traps which work to move us away from the person we have a true potential to be.
Dialectical Behaviour Therapy:
Georgia also utilizes DBT to support the foundations of ACT as it works to build on our capacity to Tolerate Distress, Regulate our Emotions, and live a more Harmonious Interpersonal Existence.
Areas of Support:
Please note that mental health tags are only descriptors that can help provide understanding and direct treatment- We all have our own unique blend.
- Dealing with the past which can drag us towards depression
- Dealing with fear of the future which can elevate our anxiety levels specific to social concerns, general concerns, phobic issues and obsessive compulsive difficulties
- Dealing with adjustment to traumatic events, from the little put downs to the more acute and sometimes chronic Post Traumatic Stress events and reactions
- Dealing with neurological concerns that create behavioural and functional impact such as ADHD and Autistic/ Aspergers spectrum issues around differences in communication, learning, emotional intelligence, impulse control, attentional difficulties and sensory sensitivity.
- Dealing with advanced perception systems that fit Bipolar, Schizophrenia or Psychosis descriptors.
- Dealing with relationship issues
- Dealing with life transitions across the developmental spectrum
- Dealing with grief and loss through bereavement, both literal and symbolic
- Specialty interest Dealing with Adolescent developmental concerns (tweens/ onset of puberty through to 25 years)
There are currently no reviews for Georgia Watkins-Allen - Brisbane ACT Centre.