Your session has expired, or you have been logged out.
Mark Anns is a Health Psychologist who has recently returned to private practice after working for several years with a private company (Indivior) that specialises in addictions.
Mark has an extensive history working in a variety of roles - management, training, policy, and education - in the public and private health sector.
After experiencing a number of personal health concerns Mark became interested in how lifestyle impacts health (an area known as lifestyle medicine). After making his own lifestyle changes Mark now works assisting people to improve their overall mental health and wellbeing.
Mark's style is pragmatic and solution-orientated and client sessions are interactive with the goal of identifying outcomes and facilitating interventions that will lead to the desired outcome.
Mark supports and encourages the use of on-line eHealth courses to supplement sessions, and utilises where appropriate the use of baseline cognitive testing and monitoring of health behaviors to assist people to make changes.
Mark has a history of working in the areas of sexuality and sexual health, he is a past president of the Australian Society of Sex Educators and Therapists (ASSERT), Co-Founder with Professor Basil Donovan Australia's first Graduate Diploma in Sexual Health.
Mark has an MBA and has held positions with NSW Health including being Manager of the NSW Opioid Treatment Program.
Qualifications and Experience
- 1977 - Bachelor of Applied Science (Psychology) (B App Sc (Psych)) from Curtin University
- 1978 - Counselling Graduate Diploma (Grad.Dip.) from Curtin University
- 1993 - Master of Business Administration (MBA) from UTS - Sydney
- Full Member (MAPS) from Australian Psychology Society
- 09:00am - 01:00pm
02:00am - 06:00pm
- 08:00am - 12:00pm
02:00pm - 06:00pm
- 09:00am - 01:00pm
- Air Conditioned Facility
- Pharmacy Nearby
- Comfortable Waiting Room
- Train Station Nearby
- Tram Stop Nearby
Directions and parking
The Dymocks Building is located in the centre of the Sydney CBD area. It is recommended to use public transport to access the city. There is no street parking.
- The closest train stations are St James or Town Hall
- The closest light Rail Station is Queen Victoria Building
- The closest public parking is under the Queens Victoria Building Shopping Complex near the Town Hall.
When you get to the Dymocks Building take the lift to level 5 and then turn left and enter the Wellshare space.