Your session has expired, or you have been logged out.
Physiotherapist Women's Health Physio
- Bachelor of Physiotherapy - James Cook University 2011
- Australian Physiotherapy Association
- Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Agency (AHPRA)
Further Professional Development:
- Barb Hungerford: Retraining Lumbo-Pelvic Stability for Back, Pelvic & Hip Pain: Brain Games & Motor Control
- Ergonomic risk assessment training for allied health professionals
- Kinetic Link Training: Exercise prescription
- Continence and Women’s Health APA Level 1
- Introduction to the assessment and treatment of the pelvic floor APA Level 2
- Women’s Health Physiotherapy- 5 day intensive course (Taryn Hallam)
- Musculoskeletal Segmental Layering & Dry Needling
- The Everyday Shoulder
- Guest speaker at the Australian Association of Stoma Nurses- Physiotherapy’s Role in Hernia Prevention
- Hernia Prevention Handout Publication
- CROP: Cardiorespiratory and Orthopaedic training Workshop
- PaCCMan: Physiotherapy and acute critical care workshop
Sarah is a registered physiotherapist who graduated in 2011 from James Cook University with a bachelor of Physiotherapy. Having worked in a variety of health care settings: hospital-based physiotherapy- orthopaedic/ surgical/pre & post-natal obstetric physiotherapy, musculoskeletal clinics and community physiotherapy, she brings a multifaceted approach to treatment.
Sarah first found an interest in women’s health physiotherapy while studying the subject content at uni and this interest grew when working at Mater Mother’s Hospital in Brisbane. Since leaving the hospital health care setting, Sarah has undertaken several women’s health physiotherapy courses and is currently in the process of obtaining her Pre-& Postnatal Coaching certification.
Sarah has a strong education focus to treatment to allow patients to make informed decisions about their health care management. This enables her patients to confidently implement self-management strategies and take control of their recovery. She sees herself and her patient as a team working together to resolve conditions and prevent recurrent injuries.
In Sarah’s spare time she likes to go to the gym, take her dogs to the beach and relax with her family.
Qualifications and Experience
- 08:00am - 07:00pm
- 07:00am - 07:00pm
- 08:30am - 07:00pm
- 07:00am - 07:00pm
- 07:00am - 05:00pm
- 08:30am - 11:30am
- Public Holidays:
- Pram Friendly Clinic
- Air Conditioned Facility
- Wheelchair Access
- Disabled Parking Available
- Free Street Parking
- GP Nearby
- Radiology Nearby
- Disabled Toilets
- Train Station Nearby
- Reserved 'on the day' Appointments Available
Other practitioners are available
Below you'll find appointments available on HealthEngine.
Show this specialty:
Show appointments at:
Select a location:
Appointments currently not published on HealthEngine's directorySee other Appointments at
The Joint Physiotherapy and Allied Health Pty Ltd