Book now and Dr Parshotam Gera will be in touch to arrange a time
Mr Gera is a neonatal and paediatric surgeon, who completed his fellowship with the Royal Australasian College of Surgeons and Master of Medical Science from The University of Western Australia (UWA).
He has trained in paediatric and minimal invasive surgery in children at various hospitals including the Children’s Hospital at Westmead and the Sydney Children’s Hospital. Mr Gera currently holds appointments at St John of God Midland Private Hospital, St John of God Murdoch Hospital, St John of God Subiaco Hospital, Princess Margaret Hospital for Children, Perth Paediatrics and Fiona Stanley Hospital.
He is also a clinical senior lecturer at UWA and is an active member of the Australia and New Zealand Association of Paediatric Surgeons, the Pacific Association of Paediatric Surgeons and the Thoracic Society of Australia.
Mr Gera has special interests in:
• General paediatric surgery covering tongue tie repair in rooms and upper lip tie (maxillary frenulum), undescended testes, umbilical and inguinal hernias, vascular malformations and haemangiomas.
• Circumcisions for medical and cultural reasons (including neonatal and infant laser circumcision with ultrasound guided nerve block), hypospadias and other penile problems.
• Paediatric colorectal surgery, including Hirschsprung’s disease, constipation and anorectal disorders. Paediatric surgical services include:
• Undescended testes
• Inguinal/umbilical hernias
• Circumcision for cultural/ medical reasons (including infant circumcision)
• Penile problems including hypospadias
• Vascular malformations / haemangiomas
• Head and neck lumps (lymph nodes, thyroglossal cysts, branchial anomalies)
• Paediatric Colorectal Clinic for constipation, Hirschsprung’s disease, anorectal disorders
• Laparoscopic surgery
• Tongue tie and upper lip tie (maxillary frenulum) repair
Dr Gera treats private patients at St John of God Midland Private Hospital.