Your session has expired, or you have been logged out.
Dr James McLean is an orthopaedic surgeon who manages sports injuries and traumatic injuries, such as broken bones and joint injuries.
He has a special interest in shoulder and upper limb surgery, including joint replacement and minimally-invasive arthroscopic (key-hole) surgery of the shoulder, elbow, wrist and hand. He also operates on the lower limb for trauma (broken bones) and sports injuries.
Dr McLean has dedicated his practice to perfecting minimally-invasive, arthroscopic (key hole) surgery, knowing that this focus will lead to the best possible outcomes for his patients and their families. Completing subspecialty fellowship training through Cambridge University (Cambridge, United Kingdom) and the University of British Columbia (Vancouver, Canada), he returned to Adelaide with world-class experience in the latest arthroscopic (key-hole) and minimally-invasive surgical techniques.
An important part of Dr McLean’s practice is also committed to the development of new methods of diagnosis and treatment. His ongoing contributions to orthopaedic literature have seen him co-author several book chapters; publish numerous research papers in peer-reviewed journals; and accept several accolades, including ‘best paper’ awards, research grants and research scholarships. Additional information about his practice can be found at his website.
Associations and memberships
- American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons (AAOS)
- Australasian Orthopaedic Trauma Society (AOTS)
- Australian Medical Association (AMA)
- Australian Military Medicine Association (AMMA)
- Australian Orthopaedic Association (AOA)
- Australian Society of Orthopaedic Surgeons (ASOS)
- International Society of Arthroscopy, Knee Surgery & Orthopaedic Sports Medicine (ISAKOS)
- Medical Insurance Group Australia (MIGA)
- Royal Australasian College of Surgeons (RACS)
- South Australian Hand Surgery Society (SAHSS)
- University of Adelaide Alumni (UAA)
1. Ashford Specialist Centre, Level 4, 57 Anzac Highway, Ashford, SA 5035.
2. Flinders Private Hospital, 1 Flinders Drive, Bedford Park SA 5042.
3. Memorial Medical Centre, 1st Floor, 1 Kermode Street, North Adelaide, SA, 5006.
Dr James McLean is a male Orthopaedic Surgeon in North Adelaide, SA.
Areas of interest
- Bone Fracture
- Bone Grafting
- Bone Transfer
- Carpal Tunnel Release
- Dupuytren's Contracture
- Endoscopic Surgery
- Fractured Wrist
- Hand Pain
- Ligament Reconstruction
- Revision shoulder replacement
- Shoulder Arthroscopic Surgery
- Shoulder, Elbow, Hand Pain
- Shoulder- All Arthroscopic Reconstructions and Stabilisations
- Tendon Reconstruction
- Total Elbow Replacement
- Total Shoulder Replacement
- Trigger Finger
Qualifications and Experience
- Dr James McLean Shoulder & Upper Limb Surgeon
Level 1 / 1 Kermode Street
North Adelaide, SA 5006
- (08) 8267 8...
- (08) 8267 2...
Other practitioners are available
Below you'll find appointments available on HealthEngine.