Highclere Family Medical Practice is committed to quality improvement and is accredited with AGPAL.
We pride ourselves in providing a service to all patients with dignity and respect.
We are committed to delivering the highest quality of medical care, with a professional team dedicated to providing excellence in patient care.
Medical services available at Highclere Family Medical Practice include:
- Family Medicine - all aspects of general practice
- Emergency Medicine – including suturing, ECG, wound dressing
- Childrens Health – All paediatric care including immunisation & assessments
- Family Planning – contraception advice, pregnancy testing & counselling
- Life & Health Promotion – Weight control, smoking cessation, diabetes, asthma, ECG, travel advice and vaccinations, skin cancer screening, prostate and cervical cancer screening
- Womens Health – Antenatal care, pap smears and advice & menopause
- Medical Examinations – for pre-employment, Workers Compensation, Motor Vehicle Accident, x-ray & ECG
- Counselling – for personal, relationship and sexual problems
- Acupuncture – traditional Chinese acupuncture for persistent pain, muscle/joint problems and spinal tension
- Intravenous Iron Infusions - for iron deficiency anaemia
- Dermatological Surgery – skin biopsies, removal of abnormal moles and skin lumps, cryotherapy of warts and sun spots
- Mens Health – checks for blood pressure, urine, cholesterol & skin checks. Prostate cancer screening, lifestyle advice and vaccination
- Elderly (from age 70) –yearly checkups including blood pressure, urine testing and skin cancer checks
- Cultural background and emergency contacts - patients encouraged to advise GP of cultural background to tailor care for them. Patients are asked to advise the practice of their emergency contact in case of an urgent situation.
- Online appointment booking