Family Owned | Family Operated | For Families
The Family Practice at The Gap provides patients' with quality bulk billed healthcare services 6 days a week. Our expert staff always offer the best possible care, and a wide range of services can be accessed – usually with no out-of-pocket expense for valid Medicare Card holders.
You have the choice of two experienced practitioners when you considering an appointment with us. Our male GP, Dr Prabash, offers men's health and occupational medical services including aviation and mining medicals; while our female GP, Dr Ganga, specialises in women's health, shared maternity care and paediatrics.
With patient care at the heart of our mission, we strive to provide care that is compassionate, personal and respectful of patients and their families.
For continuity of care we recommend that you make appointments with your regular doctor when selecting a practitioner from the listed appointments.
Online appointments only book a standard 10minute consultation time slot. Certain examinations such as medicals and health assessments, or complex health conditions may take longer than a standard consultation so please phone us if you think you will need more time for your appointment.
For all vaccine/immunisation appointments, please call us to book your appointment.
Our range of services include:
- Family & General Medicine
- Child Health & Immunisations
- Baby & Early Childhood Development Drop-in Service
- Health Checks For All Ages
- Family Planning & Contraception Advice
- Shared Maternity Care
- IUD Contraceptive Implant Insertions & Removals
- STI Testing & Sexual Health Screening
- Chronic Illness Management & Care Plans
- Skin Cancer Screening
- Wound Care / Injury Management
- Pre-Employment & Return-to-Work Medicals
- Coal Board & Mine Rescue Medicals
- Aviation & Driving Medicals
- Veterans Affairs Medicals
- Work Cover Claims
Staff at The Family Practice at The Gap
Dr Ganga Arewaththa is a GP at The Family Practice at The Gap.
Dr Prabash Gardiyehewa is a bulk billing GP
Sue Jamieson is a Nurse Practitioner at The Family Practice at The Gap.
Reviews for The Family Practice at The Gap
thanks very much