Family Owned | Family Operated | For Families
The Family Practice at The Gap provides patients' with quality bulk billed healthcare services 6 days a week. Our expert staff always offer the best possible care, and a wide range of services can be accessed – usually with no out-of-pocket expense for valid Medicare Card holders.
You have the choice of three experienced practitioners when you consider an appointment with us:
- Dr Prabash (male), is a Designated Aviation Medical Examiner certified by C.A.S.A as well as a Nominated Medical Advisor for Mining. Special interests include occupational health and men’s health.
- Dr Ganga (female), specialises in women’s health, family planning and paediatrics. She is also a contraceptive implant provider (please call for more information as this is not bulk billable).
- Dr Fabian Jaramillo (male), is our newest doctor who has joined us from a rural practice with special interests in urgent/emergency care, injury and wound management, men’s health and skin cancer screening.
With patient care at the heart of our mission, we strive to provide care that is compassionate, personal and respectful of patients and their families.
**Important Notice: Online Appointments
For continuity of care we recommend that you make appointments with your regular doctor when selecting a practitioner from the listed appointments.
Online appointments only book a standard 10minute consultation time slot. Certain examinations such as medicals and health assessments, or complex health conditions may take longer than a standard consultation so please phone us if you think you will need more time for your appointment.
For all vaccine/immunisation appointments, please call us to book your appointment.
Our range of services include:
- Family & General Medicine
- Child Health & Immunisations
- Baby & Early Childhood Development Drop-in Service
- Health Checks For All Ages
- Wound Care / Injury Management
- Family Planning & Contraception Advice
- Shared Maternity Care
- IUD Contraceptive Implant Insertions & Removals
- STI Testing & Sexual Health Screening
- Chronic Illness Management & Care Plans
- Skin Cancer Screening
- Pre-Employment & Return-to-Work Medicals
- Coal Board & Mine Rescue Medicals
- Aviation & Driving Medicals
- Veterans Affairs Medicals
- Work Cover Claims
Staff at The Family Practice at The Gap
Dr Ganga Arewaththa is a GP at The Family Practice at The Gap.
Dr Prabash Gardiyehewa is a bulk billing GP
Dr Fabian Jaramillo is a GP at The Family Practice at The Gap.
Reviews for The Family Practice at The Gap
Bulk Billing was an incentive to attend for a straightforward issue.
I was impressed that my appointment was on time (as opposed to where I have regularly gone where there was never even an apology for running late).
thanks very much