A perfect recipe for summer BBQs with flair. These chilli and garlic marinated prawns take just five minutes to cook and are bound to be a hit.
- 12 (600 g) green banana prawns
- 6 cloves fresh garlic
- 6 hot red chillis
- 6 shallots
- 1 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil to marinate in
- Shell and de-vein the prawns.
- Remove seeds from chillis and dice finely.
- Peel shallots and dice finely.
- Crush garlic.
- Mix spices with olive oil and use the mixture to marinate prawns overnight.
- Pan fry or grill on the side burner of the BBQ, turning regularly.
Preparation time: 20 minutes
Cooking time: 5 minutes (until prawns turn pink)
Difficulty rating: Medium
- Serve on top of a small quantity of steak or rice.
- Add a mixed salad for a healthy balanced meal. Salad will provide lots of extra vitamins and minerals which are important for maintaining healthy skin, eyes and sperm and maintaining good general health. Adding a salad to every meal is a great way to improve you diet.
- Combine the prawns and marinade in a disposable bag. Tie the bag in a knot. It will be easy to distribute the marinade without making a mess.
- Take care when preparing raw prawns as they can cause food poisoning if they come into contact with raw foods like salad.
This recipe is a BBQ favourite at Sheryl’s house in Eraring, NSW.
Nutritional analysis per serve:
|Total fat||4.71 g|
|Saturated fat||0.69 g|
|Total sugars||0.48 g|
For more information on nutrition, including information on types and composition of food, nutrition and people, conditions related to nutrition, and diets and recipes, as well as some useful videos and tools, see Nutrition.
|For more information on gluten-free diets, see Gluten-Free Diet.|