A yummy and healthy wrap recipe – quick, easy and perfect for school lunches.
- 4 pieces Lebanese or pita bread
- 100g shaved ham
- 100g baby spinach leaves (or mixed salad leaves)
- 10-15 cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1/2 red onion, sliced
- Olive oil
- Dried basil
- Wash and dry baby spinach leaves.
- Lightly coat tomatoes in olive oil and sprinkle with dried basil.
- Lay bread flat and place ham on top, then layer with baby spinach, red onion and tomatoes.
- Roll up tight and serve fresh.
Preparation time: 5 minutes
Cooking time: None
Difficulty rating: Easy
- For a lower fat version, use 97% fat free ham.
- If keeping for the kids lunches, wrap in sandwich wrap and pop it in the fridge until it is packed into the lunch box.
- Pack with a ice brick or frozen drink to keep cool.
Nutritional analysis per serve:
|Energy|| 1062 kJ
|Total fat||6.9 g|
|Saturated fat||1.4 g|
|Total sugars||1.6 g|
All content and media on the HealthEngine Blog is created and published online for informational purposes only. It is not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice and should not be relied on as health or personal advice. Always seek the guidance of your doctor or other qualified health professional with any questions you may have regarding your health or a medical condition. Never disregard the advice of a medical professional, or delay in seeking it because of something you have read on this Website. If you think you may have a medical emergency, call your doctor, go to the nearest hospital emergency department, or call the emergency services immediately.