The secret to cooking perfect fluffy rice is easy once you know how – this recipe explains the absorption method.
- 1 large mug rice (brown or white)
- 2 mugs water
- Olive oil
- Boil the water in a pan.
- Add rice to the pan and season with salt (or spice as desired). Add a splash of olive oil to prevent rice from sticking.
- Cover and cook on high heat until water is absorbed.
Preparation time: 3 minutes
Cooking time: 10 minutes white rice, 15 minutes brown rice
Difficulty rating: Easy
- Rinse rice with some tap water before cooking to remove excess starch (until water is relatively clear).
- Match your spice to the food you will serve it with – e.g. turmeric or cloves for curries.
Nutritional analysis per serve (1 cup):
|Energy|| 861 kJ
| 907 kJ
|Protein||4.3 g||4.3 g|
|Total fat||0.4 g||0.4 g|
|Saturated fat||0.1 g||0.1 g|
|Carbohydrates||44.5 g||44.5 g|
|Total sugars||0.0 g||0.0 g|
|Fibre||0.6 g||0.6 g|
|Sodium||2 mg||2 mg|
|Cholesterol||0 mg||0 mg|
|Potassium||55 mg||55 mg|