A simple, creamy cauliflower soup recipe that’s tasty hot or cold. Serve with crusty bread to make a light meal.
- 1 red onion, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 whole cauliflower, washed and chopped
- 1 L reduced-fat milk
- 2 Tbsp chopped chives
- Olive oil
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Cook onion and garlic in a little oil.
- Add cauliflower, milk and chives to the pan. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Cook for 10 minutes, or until cauliflower is just tender (do not overcook or it will smell and taste bad).
- Process in a food processor until smooth in consistency. Serve.
Preparation time: 5 minutes
Cooking time: 15 minutes
Difficulty rating: Easy
- Can be eaten hot in winter, or cold in summer.
- For an extra creamy option, use regular instead of reduced-fat milk.
- Serve with crusty bread.
Nutritional analysis per serve:
|Energy|| 536 kJ
|Total fat||3.2 g|
|Saturated fat||1.3 g|
|Total sugars||11.1 g|
All content and media on the HealthEngine Blog is created and published online for informational purposes only. It is not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice and should not be relied on as health or personal advice. Always seek the guidance of your doctor or other qualified health professional with any questions you may have regarding your health or a medical condition. Never disregard the advice of a medical professional, or delay in seeking it because of something you have read on this Website. If you think you may have a medical emergency, call your doctor, go to the nearest hospital emergency department, or call the emergency services immediately.