A classic favourite, this version of the carrot cake recipe is sure to be a hit, minus the usual calories.
- 1 cup self-raising wholemeal flour
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp ginger
- 2 tbsp unsalted butter
- 1/2 cup raw sugar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- Large handful walnuts, chopped
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 4 large carrots, grated
- Preheat oven to 180°C and grease a medium sized cake tin.
- Grate carrots.
- Mix dry ingredients.
- Mix butter and sugar in a separate bowl. Add eggs. Fold in carrots, raisins and walnuts.
- Combine with dry ingredients and mix.
- Pour into cake tin and cook for 30-40 mins.
Preparation time: 15 minutes
Cooking time: 30-40 minutes
Difficulty rating: Easy
- Prepare grated carrots in food processor to save time.
Nutritional analysis per serve:
|Energy|| 1125 kJ
|Total fat||11.7 g|
|Saturated fat||2.6 g|
|Total sugars||21.3 g|
All content and media on the HealthEngine Blog is created and published online for informational purposes only. It is not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice and should not be relied on as health or personal advice. Always seek the guidance of your doctor or other qualified health professional with any questions you may have regarding your health or a medical condition. Never disregard the advice of a medical professional, or delay in seeking it because of something you have read on this Website. If you think you may have a medical emergency, call your doctor, go to the nearest hospital emergency department, or call the emergency services immediately.