Whether you like a hard boiled egg or a soft boiled egg, this recipe will help you cook a perfect boiled egg every time. A great recipe for healthy eggs with no added fat.
Number of servings: 1
- 1 large egg (50 grams)
- Boiling water
Preparation time: Nil
Cooking time: About 5 minutes
Difficulty Rating: Easy
- Ensure the eggs are at room temperature before you start cooking them;
- Add boiling water to a small saucepan and heat on the stove until the water is boiling rapidly;
- Add the egg/s to the saucepan using a spoon to ensure they don’t break;
- Boil for 4 minutes if you like your eggs soft or 5–6 minutes if you like your eggs hard;
- Serve immediately in egg cups;
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve with fresh whole grain bread for a light and healthy lunch that’s high in fibre. Fibre is an important micronutrient which is used by the gastrointestinal system to digest food;
- Serve with a side salad for a meal that provides loads of vitamins and minerals to keep your body healthy;
- Add to a green salad for extra protein;
- If you’re pregnant, boil your eggs for 6 minutes to ensure they are well cooked and reduce the risk of food-borne illness during pregnancy. For more information, see Foods to Avoid During Pregnancy.
Nutritional analysis per serve:
|Total fat||4.5 g|
|Saturated fat||1.55 g|
|Total sugars||0.15 g|
For more information on nutrition, including information on types and composition of food, nutrition and people, conditions related to nutrition, and diets and recipes, as well as some useful videos and tools, see Nutrition.