You’re going to find it hard to believe that this homemade ice cream is made from avocado. Not only is it sugar free, it’s also vegan and gluten free. But don’t worry, that doesn’t mean it’s lacking in taste. It is a rich, sweet, super creamy treat that is adaptable and easy. Your family and friends are going to be amazed by your kitchen skills.
Makes around 4 small bowls
- 1 large avocado
- 3 tbsp maple syrup
- 100 ml reduced fat coconut milk
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- Pit your avocado and then put everything into the food processor, turning it onto medium.
- You’ll most likely need to scrape down the sides a few times to get rid of every last chunk of avocado.
- Once it’s completely blended and creamy, pour into a dish or bowl and place in the freezer.
- Stir every fifteen minutes or so until it is frozen and ready to serve.
Preparation time: 10 minutes/2 hours or so to freeze
Cooking time: None
Difficulty rating: Easy
- You can adjust your maple syrup levels according to how sweet you want it. You can also skip the vanilla if you prefer to have more of the avocado flavour shine through.
- For adults, serve with a wedge of lime to give it a complimentary zesty kick.
- Sprinkle coconut flakes on top or serve it plain. Feel free to get creative.
Nutritional analysis per serve:
|Energy|| 716.09 kJ
|Total fat||15.70 g|
|Saturated fat||4.72 g|
|Total sugars||5.70 g|
For more information on nutrition, including information on types and composition of food, nutrition and people, conditions related to nutrition, and diets and recipes, as well as some useful videos and tools, see Nutrition.