Magdalena Lopez is a female Psychologist in Prahran, VIC who speaks English and Spanish.
I am a registered and qualified psychologist currently providing counselling and psychotherapy in a private practice setting.
In my practice I provide a comfortable, warm and friendly space to talk about all matters and concerns that you may find yourself having.
I have a strong interest in working with people who are eager to engage in counselling and psychotherapy for long term work and who are challenged by more in-depth and introspective views of themselves and the relationships they've developed.
I believe that through this conversational process we will both obtain a better understanding of you and you’ll start to discover that the idea of change becomes motivating and operational as your choices become clearer.
My therapeutic approach places strong emphasis on the psychodynamic perspective with clients.
I have had extensive training in this theoretical framework throughout my university formation and continue to engage in upgrading my knowledge through supervision and courses.
I have found that over the years, clients respond well and develop more of a sense of responsibility, freedom and empowerment of their own future and choices with this style.
The idea is that you come to therapy with the intent on expressing whatever is on your mind as you slowly but surely discover how you’ve developed your thinking and interacting patterns along with the way you manage your emotions. It is through the nature of our strong and secure therapeutic relationship that this pathway leads to discovering the underlying source of your problems and ultimately ways you can create solutions.
In addition to this, I may often integrate other therapeutic styles such as Solution Focused, Cognitive behavioral Therapy, Acceptance and Commitment Therapy and mindfulness techniques if applicable to shorter term work in counseling.
Qualifications and Experience:
- International Masters of Psychology
- Psychodynamic/analytical university training over 6 years.
- Specialist in couples and relationship therapy Course
- Certificate in CBT with Children and Adolescents
- Private and Public Psychology settings over 15 years.
- Health industry work setting of 15 + years
- Close to a decade in private practice
- Ongoing Professional Development Courses
- Registered with Psychologist Registration Board of Victoria
- Full Member of Australian Psychological Society
- AON Professional Indemnity Insurance